February 24th, 2021 · 2 min read
Success story: Desert Financial Credit Union, InvestED Program
Program benefits and advantages include:
- Helps employees gain the in-demand skills they need to advance their careers
- Utilizes a direct-bill model that means limited out-of-pocket costs for employee learners
- Grows DFCU’s future workforce by developing a talent pipeline of internal leaders
- Improves employee engagement and retention by reinforcing its commitment to employee growth and development
- Differentiates DFCU as an employer that deeply invests in its people
The InStride impact:
- Increased awareness: After just one month, there was 100% awareness of the program across the organization.
- Exceeded interest and enrollment goals: Within 90 days of launch, almost one-third of eligible employees have submitted interest and nearly 10% are enrolled, beating DFCU's own ambitious goals for the program.
- Expanded program: Just four months after launching, DFCU expanded the InvestED program in two ways: adding more than 100 new skill-building courses and offering employees the ability to share InvestED with their dependents.
- Combatting student debt: In the first year of the program, DFCU employees avoided more than $12 million in student loan debt.